Rear shock absorber ( federbein Dämpfer )

• Hello again everyone,

long time i havent wrote here,but i would like to ask for some help. Its winter and its time to check and fix things that needs attention. In this meaning my rear shock absorber is not working properly and i intened to change it.The new one is too expensive and i was looking for a secong hand one even if it needs some service after buying it. So i have checked in eBay and there are two that seems ok but they have differense in the springs ( in the space between ). is that because of the year of the motorcycle ? Mine NTV650 is 1991. So here there are :

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Federbe…m4d066dde18#ht_500wt_1038

and the other is:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Feder-b…1c2d7c8998#ht_1751wt_1019

Will be thakfull for your opinion and help,

With best regards,

Jordan

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Jordan,
    the links you've included are shock absorber of the newer generation. This can be seen at the wheel for the bias, I assume that your shock absorbers have not had this. You can block it on your bike.

I've looked at the pictures, the first link with the black spring is the newer version, the older version had red springs. My opinion, take the bumper with the black jacket, costs a little bit more, but was driven only 14000 km.

Hope it helped you.

Gruß der Peter

JT-Teilnahmen:
    07 ~ Creglingen ¦ 08 Norwegen ¦ 09 ~ Drangstedt ¦ 10 ~ Berkastel-Kues ¦ 11 ~ Neidenberga ¦ 12 ~ Titisee ¦ 13 ~ Norwegen ¦ 14 ~ Drangstedt ¦ 15 ~ Neidenberga ¦ 16 ~ OP (Creglingen) ¦ 17 ~ Kroatien (Weidenbach)¦ 18 ~ Neidenberga ¦ 19 ~ Drangstedt ¦ 2020 ~HDH~ Corona¦ 2021 ~ Westen ¦ 2022 ~ HDH¦ 2023 ~ Westerburg ¦ 2024~ Westerburg

• Btw.
    Könnte mir jemand mal sowas leihweise zuschicken, würd mir den gern mal näher ansehen und ausmessen. Villeicht findet sich dann auch irgendwas hübsches als Umbau/Fahrwerksverbesserung im Honda-Teileregal....
    Muss aber i.O. sein, sonst hab ich keine brauchbaren Dämpferwerte....

Tunerlatein:
    nolite dare sanctum canibus neque mittatis margaritas vestras ante porcos ne forte conculcent eas pedibus suis et conversi disrumpant vos (Matth. 7,6)

• Hi Peter,

thank you very much for your quick respond. I also thing that the one with the black jacket is better looking and concerning that it was only 14000 km driven.I have asked the seller from which year built bike it was taken and he said that from RC33 1996.Do you know if its the same with one from 1991 as dimensions and if it will fit in the place to mine ?

thanks, and best regards

Jordan

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Jordan,

they fit, thanks Hondas modular (P&P).

Gruß der Peter

JT-Teilnahmen:
    07 ~ Creglingen ¦ 08 Norwegen ¦ 09 ~ Drangstedt ¦ 10 ~ Berkastel-Kues ¦ 11 ~ Neidenberga ¦ 12 ~ Titisee ¦ 13 ~ Norwegen ¦ 14 ~ Drangstedt ¦ 15 ~ Neidenberga ¦ 16 ~ OP (Creglingen) ¦ 17 ~ Kroatien (Weidenbach)¦ 18 ~ Neidenberga ¦ 19 ~ Drangstedt ¦ 2020 ~HDH~ Corona¦ 2021 ~ Westen ¦ 2022 ~ HDH¦ 2023 ~ Westerburg ¦ 2024~ Westerburg

• Hello Jordan and Peter

The colour of the spring is red in 1989 and my NTV has the shock absorber with the wheel for the bias. The black spring is maybe not original, the shock absorber is.
    Only the shock absorber in model 88 is different. It is without a seperate wheel.
    So you can use shock absorbers from 1989 to 1997.
    The information text in ebay is wrong.

Viele Grüße

Andreas

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jahrestreffen
    2006 Brilon | 2007 Weidenhof | 2008 Oberbernhards | 2009 Drangstedt | 2010 Bernkastel-Kues | 2011 Neidenberga | 2012 Titisee | 2013 Antweiler |2014 Drangstedt | 2015 Neidenberga | 2016 Weidenhof | 2017 Weidenbach | 2018 Neidenberga | 2019 Drangstedt

• Offizieller Beitrag

The black spring is maybe not original, the shock absorber is.

Hi Andrew,
    I have to disappoint you. All my eNTV have all black coated shock

Gruß der Peter

JT-Teilnahmen:

• Dear All,Finally I have ordered the black spring one, I received it and it fit perfectly on my bike.The difference in feeling now riding it is obvious when it is working properly compared to the old one i removed.
    I want to thank you all for joining that discussion of mine and for your help and suppert. It is realy nice and great plesure for me being parts of this forum.

Wish you all good weather this year and lots of nice spend hours on the bikes. Many greetings and regards Jordan