Indicator/clock

• Hello to everyone,
    My name is Jordan and i am from Bulgaria.I have NTV650 build 1991.
    I must say that this is my first bike and i am very satisfied with it.
    I find this forum by looking in the net and i like it very much.
    So, i wonder if you can help me with something conected to my bike.
    I am looking for,i am not sure about the english name,the clocks,meaning indicators for speed and turnovers of the engine,temperature,neutral and fuel.
    Will be very gratfull to any help.

Thank you very much in advance
    with best regards
    Jordan

p.s. sorry for the English but my German in so good.
    will try to post some pictures.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Jordan,
    it sounds like this part (see picture).
    The demand for this housing is in Germany much high and it is nearly unresembled a well received to acquire.
    I hope you can make an good deal.

Dateien

Gruß der Peter

JT-Teilnahmen:
    07 ~ Creglingen ¦ 08 Norwegen ¦ 09 ~ Drangstedt ¦ 10 ~ Berkastel-Kues ¦ 11 ~ Neidenberga ¦ 12 ~ Titisee ¦ 13 ~ Norwegen ¦ 14 ~ Drangstedt ¦ 15 ~ Neidenberga ¦ 16 ~ OP (Creglingen) ¦ 17 ~ Kroatien (Weidenbach)¦ 18 ~ Neidenberga ¦ 19 ~ Drangstedt ¦ 2020 ~HDH~ Corona¦ 2021 ~ Westen ¦ 2022 ~ HDH¦ 2023 ~ Westerburg ¦ 2024~ Westerburg

• Hi,
    in english these parts are called "gauges", sometime "dials". They are rather expansive, even when used. They ofter break when crashing the bike. When it happened to me I bought an electronic tacho (speedometer) which was a lot cheaper. You can even use one of these little speedos meant for bicycles.

The CB500 gauges look exactly the same as the ones on the NTV. Maybe you can get one of them? The connectors _might_ be the same.

• Hi and many thanks to both of you for your kind attention.
    That is exactly what i am surching for.And yes, that is also very hard to find it here in Bulgaria and also very expensive.Anyway, i also have in use
    one of this small once for bicycles for the time being but its not like the real one :(.

blahwas,thanks for the info about the CB500.will look also for that model.

Well,thanks again and hope we can still be in touch in future.

• Hi Jordan,

regarding the CB500 stuff: they may look the same, but they are not, as far as I know!

But besides: you own a 1991 model, don't you? The housing is different compared to the later ones. The speedo is larger that the rev counter! So you have to pay attention which model you will need for your bike.

Looking forward to reading you - have a nice weekEnd ;)

Peter

• Dear Entenpeter,
    yes,its 1991 and i also thing that it should realy be the one with the
    bigger speedo on the left side.Of course will try to find the original one
    first and than to adapt from a different model.thanks will keep on mind that it might not be the same from CB.

also nice weekend to you. and to all of you :)

p.s. we will have -8 to -10C so i won't be able to ride so it will not be that nice :(

• Hi akku1a and thanks for the link,
    It looks a bit modernistic for my bike :), i am joking , but i will consider it also as an option.The new is allways better then the second hand ofcourse.

Greetings